Saturday, June 6, 2020

The Church and racism. I was convinced I'd never see the church (the different ministries we see on TV) begin to talk about racism and police brutality. (all races but primarily black) Now that we're talking about it, we have to be honest about it. Otherwise, there's no room to progress. The problem churches have is they've allowed P.C. into the church. You can't get down to the nitty-gritty truth. I hear things like *in Collage I had a black friend and we'd go to parties together and hang out*. The truth is, his friend was a group of 20 students he was with. He barely knew the black guy. Most Christians refuse to see any prejudice they have for one another (black & white). The nitty-gritty truth is we all have a measure of prejudice in us (preconceived opinion or judgment or formed learning without sufficient knowledge) We say, don't judge a book by its color. But the truth is WE DO the very thing we say we don't do. If there's a young black guy with a cap turned sideways and a grill with some bling around his neck in a waiting room with you. Your opinion of him isn't going to be he's a law degree professor. That's being prejudice toward him. Maybe he is? But it's a natural normal response. When you first meet someone and think they're a jerk. Then, later on, you find out he's not. That's called being prejudice. So when I hear preachers say, I'm not prejudiced toward any black person I meet or see. I don't see color when I meet someone, I see the person. I would say that's a lie and yes you do. That's the problem the church is going to face moving forward with any healing for the racial division in the country. Will people be honest and open for once. Or, just stick to the talking points as usual so they don't offend or anger the folks who donate money? I get that. In fact, I'm not sure the nitty-gritty truth can be talked about on TV. If we could read the hearts and minds of the "perfect preachers" I think you'd be more than surprised. It's important for people to know who I'm talking to. I'm talking to people who live or were brought up in urban areas with mixed ethnicities. Reparations and black sovereignty have to be talked about. I think we the white ethnicity should make it right with the black community first. We have to show them we do care despite the fact that sometimes we don't care. Most of the anger is directed toward the youth. The country as a whole may not care. But God's people do. Why? Because we carry God's Spirit within us. It's who we are. We're in the world but not of the world. The devil is going to fight this movement that has Americans finally talking about race and police brutality in our nation and in our churches. But, we have prayer. We're living in a time of answered prayer. God is doing amazing things despite the fact the world has been shut down for months. Don't let past mistakes shake your faith. Don't hold grudges. Keep your heart open. Remember who your REAL brothers and sisters are. Remember who you are in Christ. Rember who God is. And remember that with man.........some things are impossible. But with God, all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment